Getting Fingerprinted for NFA Forms

I have had a lot of questions lately from people asking where they can get fingerprinted. The short answer is that it appears ANYBODY can take your fingerprints but they have to be done on the official FBI Form FD-258 Fingerprint Card.

Many gun shops are starting to do fingerprints for you, but if your shop doesn’t you can also check with your local police department or sheriff. There are also commercial fingerprinting services that can do livescan electronic fingerprints and then print them on cards for you. This is a big benefit because you will know before you submit to ATF that the fingerprints are rolled correctly. The commercial places are often open later than police or sheriff’s offices. I have heard from some clients that while a police or sheriff will do fingerprinting, they do not provide fingerprinting cards.

If you need to request fingerprint cards you can do so here:

ATF Fingerprint Card Request